Monday, July 2, 2012

Video: Rise and Fall

I made this video by myself on Saturday. It is sort of a sequel to No Parking Fire Lane. I made it almost compulsively. It had to be made. I am happy with way it turned out. I am not entirely sure how I feel about posting it... but I am happy with the way it turned out. I watched a movie this morning called The Art of Getting By and in it the protagonist's art teacher gives the assignment to make something "honest and fearless" otherwise he would fail the class and not graduate. Anyway with such encouragement to be bold I place this video before you.


I am exploring ideas of seeing, repetition, futility, striving, exhaustion, failure... I also am trying to juxtapose both the linear and circular... Why do I get up to fall down? Why do I open my eyes to close them? Why do I run up the stairs to run down them? Why am I running? What am I working toward? How do I see my self? How do I see the world? How do others see me? Does my effort get me anywhere? How do I learn to be aware of where I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment